Michelle's Freefrom Grilled Pineapple with Sesame Seeds
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, soya & wheat free
If you can grill (broil) the pineapple just before you serve it, the contrast between the hot pineapple and cold ice cream is particularly good. It will still work if the pineapple has cooled to room temperature but do not allow it to sit around for too long or it will taste slightly tired.
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 6 rings of fresh pineapple, trimmed and with the
- approximately 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 6 scoops of whichever vanilla ‘ice cream’ you can eat
- seeds from ½ a fresh pomegranate or, if you cannot find any, raspberries or sliced strawberries to decorate
- Soak the raisins in the brandy for at least two hours.
- Heat the grill. Sprinkle a thick layer of sesame seeds over one side of the pineapple rings, then grill (broil) them for 3–4 minutes or until the sesame seeds are starting to brown.
- Turn the pineapple slices and repeat the process.
- Transfer the pineapple slices to six dishes then spoon the raisins and brandy into the holes in the middle of the pineapple slices.
- Cover the raisins with a scoop of ice cream then sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds and serve immediately.
Serves 6 – per portion
164cals – 2.5g protein
6g total fat – 3.7g sat / 1.8g mono / 0.2g poly
23g carbohydrate of which 23g sugar
1g fibre – 41mg sodium / 0.1g salt
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: