Michelle's Freefrom Rhubarb and Raisin Crumble
Corn, egg, lactose, milk, nightshade, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free; can be gluten free
More delicious rhubarb........
- 2 kilos / 4½ lb fresh rhubarb
- 75g / 3 oz fat, soft raisins
- 1-3 tbsps raw cane molasses, or dark molasses sugar
- 75g / 3 oz rolled oats & 3oz buckwheat flakes
(or 150g / 6oz buckwheat flakes)
- 50g / 2oz each ground almonds, flaked almonds and pine nuts
- Wipe the rhubarb stems, cut them in largish pieces and put them into a largish pan with raisins and enough water to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cover and bring slowly to the simmer. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the rhubarb is just softening.
- Sweeten to taste with the molasses or molasses sugar, stirring as gently as possible so as not to break up the rhubarb too much.
- Transfer the fruit to a pie dish with a slotted spoon.
- Reserve any extra juice to serve with the crumble.
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4.
- Mix the oats and buckwheat flakes (or buckwheat alone) with the nuts.
- Spread this mixture over the fruit and bake in a moderate oven for 30-40 minutes or until the topping is lightly browned.
- Serve hot, warm or at room temperature, alone or with whatever kind of yogurt, cream or ice cream you can eat.
Serves 6 - per portion
326cals - 10g protein
17g total fat - 1g sat / 8g mono / 5g poly
37g carbohydrate of which 17g sugar
7g fibre - 22mg sodium / 0.05g salt
Good Source of: Vitamins B1, B2, B6, C, magnesium,, calcium, copper & zinc
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: