Freefrom Salmon Fillets Wrapped in Parma Ham
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
Serve with new potatoes and a green vegetable.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g / 7oz mushrooms, wiped and chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 4 large handfuls of fresh spinach, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 fillets fresh salmon
- 8–12 slices Parma ham
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4.
- Heat the oil in a wide pan and briskly fry the mushrooms and garlic for a few minutes without burning until they are just softening, then add the spinach and continue to cook for another minute or so until the spinach wilts.
- Whizz this mixture in a food processor into a rough puree but do not make too smooth.
- Meanwhile, skin the salmon fillets and season lightly, then grill for a few minutes on each side – they should be about two thirds cooked.
- Lay two or three slices of Parma ham out on the counter.
- Spread a quarter of the mushroom mixture over the ham then place a salmon fillet at one end of the ham.
- Fold the other side over the top so that the fillet is enclosed.
- Move this onto a piece of foil laid on a rack in a baking tray, then repeat the process three more times.
- Bake for 15 minutes to finish cooking the salmon and to crisp up the top layer of Parma ham.
Serves 4 - per portion
25g Fat ( 4.5g Sat fat, 10.7g mono, 5.5g poly)
1g Carbohydrate of which 0.8g Sugar
2.1g Fibre, 5440mg Sodium, 1.4g salt
Good Source:Niacin,B6,12, Folate
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: