Freefrom Seafood with Coconut Milk
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
A very simple but deliciously fresh - and great looking - dish.
- 4 pieces of lemon grass
- 800ml / 27fl oz coconut milk
- 2 large heads fennel, very finely sliced
- 600g / 1lb 7oz mixed shellfish or a mixture of shellfish and white fish. You can buy mixtures of shellfish in most supermarkets or make up your own selection from the fishmonger.
- large handful fresh coriander (cilantro)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the lemon grass, fennel and coconut milk in a pan.
- Bring slowly to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- The fennel needs to be quite soft and the coconut milk well imbued with the flavour of the lemon grass.
- Remove the lemon grass and add the fish to the milk.
- Bring back to the simmer and cook gently for 4-5 minutes or until all the fish is cooked.
- Season to taste.
- Spoon onto the serving dish and sprinkle with the freshly chopped coriander.
Serves 6 - per portion
323cals - 22g protein
23g total fat - 16g sat / 1g mono / 0.5g poly
6g carbohydrate of which 1g sugar
1.5g fibre - 131mg sodium / 0.3g salt
Good Source of: Vitamins B12
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: