Michelle's Freefrom Smoked Haddock Pie
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
A very simple and delicious pie– but do try to make sure that you get genuine smoked haddock, not the dyed-orange variety. You should be able to get it from a good fishmonger or a decent supermarket fish counter.
You can get seaweeds in most healthfood stores and some delis - or you can buy them on line - just Google 'sea vegetables'. I buy mine from SeaVeg in County Donegal and when they arrive, the sea all but rushes out of the bag at you!
- 4 generous tbsp olive oil
- 1 large leek, finely sliced
- 3 stalks celery, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp dried seaweeds, crumbled
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 500g new potatoes, scrubbed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 450g smoked haddock
- 200ml water
- 4 handfuls of baby spinach leaves, washed
- extra olive oil
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Heat the oil in a wide pan and gently cook the leek, celery and seaweeds for 5 minutes or until they are beginning to soften, then add the mushrooms and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the bottom of a deep casserole dish with a little oil and lay out the sliced potatoes in the bottom.
- Season lightly.
- Spoon the leek and celery mixture over the potatoes, then lay the haddock over the vegetables.
- Season lightly again and pout over the water.
- Finally pile the spinach over the top and drizzle with a little more oil.
- Cover the dish and bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until the potatoes feel cooked when pierced with a knife.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: