Freefrom Swordfish with Oregano
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
A very simple dish with a strong Mediterranean tang. You could substitute any other firm fleshed fish for the swordfish.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 large cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 ripe beef tomatoes
- 6 swordfish steaks
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 sprigs of fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 lemons
- Heat the oil in a small pan. Add the sliced garlic and cook very gently until the garlic is lightly coloured. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, skin the tomatoes by plunging in boiling water for a minute then into cold to loosen the skins, and slice crossways into fairly thin slices.
- Grate sea salt and black pepper over the fish steaks and cook under a grill for about 3 minutes then turn and repeat on the other side.
- If there is room on your grill lay out the tomato slices
beside the fish and grill; if not, remove the fish and keep it warm and grill the tomates on one side only.
- With a spatula, carefully lay the tomato slices over the fish.
- Spoon the garlic over the tomato, then sprinjkle with the chopped oregano and drizzle with the oil from the garlic.
- Serve at once with wedges of lemon and mange tout or other green vegetable.
208cals – 27g protein
10g total fat – 2g sat / 5g mono / 2g poly
2g carbohydrate of which 1.5g sugar
0.7g fibre – 201mg sodium / 0.5g salt
Good Source of: Vitamin B6, B12 & niacin
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: