Michelle's Freefrom Beef Burgers with Mushroom Cream
Corn, egg, gluten, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame & wheat free; can be lactose or soya free
Very simple - but luxurious!
- 6 beef burgers, well seasoned
- 1–2 tbsp olive oil
- 4–6 button mushrooms per head, depending on size, sliced
- 200ml / 7fl oz goat, soya or oat cream
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- juice 1–2 lemons
- small handful chopped fresh chives, oregano or Thai basil
- Barbecue, grill (broil) or fry the burgers.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a heavy pan and lightly cook the mushrooms until just softening.
- Add the cream and seasoning and lemon juice to taste, then the chopped herbs.
- Cook very gently for a couple of minutes until the burgers are ready.
- Spoon over the burgers to serve.
Serves 6 - per portion
504cals – 26g protein
43g total fat – 17g sat / 18g mono / 1g poly
2.5g carbohydrate of which 1.5g sugar
0g fibre – 435mg sodium / 1.1g salt
Good Source of: Vitamin B2, B6, B12,iron & zinc
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: