Chicken Risotto with Cranberries and Coconut Milk
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
Really very simple but very tasty and very festive!
- 1 heaped tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large leek, very finely sliced
- 300g Basmati rice
- 100g fresh cranberries
- 400ml coconut milk
- 700ml gluten-free vegetable stock
- 250g cooked chicken pieces
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the coconut oil in a wide, heavy pan and gently cook the leeks until they are quite soft – this will take 10–15 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir round for a few minutes, then add the cranberries, coconut milk and stock.
- Stir well, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, stir well and continue to simmer for a further 5–10 minutes or until the rice is cooked and most of the liquid absorbed.
Season to taste and serve at room temperature with a green salad.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: