Chicken and Chorizo Rice
Wheat, gluten, dairy,
soya, egg, nut free
Like risotto this is the kind of hearty dish you can eat with just a spoon which is sometimes just the job.
110g chorizo, chopped
½ tsp smoked paprika
4 chicken thigh fillets, chopped
1 red pepper
300g risotto rice
650ml chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 150oC/300oF/GAs Mark 2.
- Place a large lidded casserole dish in the oven to warm.
- Heat a large pan and fry the chorizo until the oils are released.
- Add the paprika, onion, pepper and chicken and fry on a medium heat until the chicken is browned.
- Keep stirring to stop any thing burning. Add the rice and stir until coated in the chorizo oil.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Gently pour into the casserole dish, cover and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the rice from the oven and stir thoroughly.
- Add a little water or stock if needed and return to the oven for 5 more mintutes.
- Stir again and serve.
Back to more freefrom meat recipes
Back to Foods Matter freefrom recipes home