Lamb Steaks with Gravy
wheat, gluten, dairy, soya, egg, nightshade, nut free
- 4 lamb leg steaks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 75ml / 3fl oz medium sherry
- 1 gluten free chicken stock cube
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp arrowroot
- salt and pepper
- Preheat a large frying pan.
- Rub a little oil on both sides of each lamb steak.
- Fry the lamb for about 3 minutes on each side then remove from the pan.
- Cover to keep warm while you make the gravy.
- My steaks were about 3cm / 1in thick and this made them medium - a little pink in the middle.
- Add the sherry to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Crumble in the stock cube and spoon in the mustard. Stir to blend.
- Add 300ml / 10fl oz boiling water. Heat and stir until reduced.
- Dissolve the arrowroot in a teaspoon of water and add to the gravy.
- Heat until blended and thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the lamb with potatoes or rice, vegetables and the gravy poured over everything!
Back to more freefrom
Back to Foods Matter freefrom recipes home