Michelle's Freefrom Aubergine (Eggplant) and Chilli Paté
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free; can be nut free
Although I call this a paté you could also use it as a vegetarian burger - or just eat it off the end of a fork!
- 1 large or 2 medium aubergines (eggplant)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 1-3 red chillis depending on how hot they are and how hot you want your mixture
- 400g / 14 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 2 heaped tbsps of your favourite nut or seed butter
- Wipe and slice the aubergines (eggplant) thickly.
- Drizzle with olive then grate generous amounts of sea salt and black pepper over them.
- Toast under a hot grill (broiler) until well browned then turn the slices over and repeat the process.
- Deseed the chillis and chop them small.
- Purée all the ingredients in a food processor adding extra chilli, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with raw vegetables, crackers or a salad - or form into burger shapes and serve with vegetables.
Serves 6 - per portion
157cals - 6g protein
10g total fat - 2g sat / 5g mono / 2g poly
11g carbohydrate of which 2g sugar
4g fibre - 147mg sodium / 0.37g salt
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: