Michelle's Freefrom Avocado with Bacon and Pumpernickel
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
Good for a starter or a lunchtime snack.
- 3 rashers (slices) back (Canadian) bacon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 small or 3 large slices, halved, pumpernickel –
(although classic pumpernickel is made with rye
you can get gluten-free varieties)
- 3 handfuls of fresh rocket or watercress
- 6–8 thin slices of fennel
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and sliced lengthways
- freshly ground black pepper
- juice 1–2 lemons
- Cut the bacon into small dice and fry briskly in 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Turn onto kitchen paper to mop up any excess fat/oil.
- Lay the slices of pumpernickel out on individual plates or a dish and cover with the rocket or watercress and the slices of fennel.
- Arrange the avocado slices on top, grate over some black pepper, sprinkle on the bacon bits and drizzle with the lemon juice and remaining oil.
- Serve at once.
Serves 6 – per portion
283cals – 7g protein
22g total fat – 5g sat / 14g mono / 2.5g poly
13g carbohydrate of which 1.5g sugar
4g fibre – 390mg sodium / 0.9g salt
Good Source of: Vitamin B6
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: