Michelle's Freefrom Chicory with Green Beans and Mozarella
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
A really simple little dish to serve either for lunch or as a starter. To get the proper flavour (and be cow's milk free) make sure that you buy buffalo milk mozzarella or bocconcini.
Amounts are per person
- a handful of fine grean beans, topped and tailed
- 4–6 leaves or pink chicory
- 2–3 slices of mozzarella
or 2–3 bocconcini
- 1–2 tbsp good olive oil
- squeeze lemon juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2–3 large leaves basil, chopped
- Steam the green beans for 5–6 minutes or until they are nearly cooked but still have a little crunch.
- Lay the chicory out on a plate with the beans and arrange the mozzarella beside them.
- Drizzle over a little olive oil and lemon juice and
sprinkle with a little salt.
- Grate over the black pepper and scatter over the chopped basil leaves – and eat!
24g Fat ( 10g Sat fat, 11g mono, 1.5g poly)
2g Carbohydrate of which 1g Sugar
1g Fibre, 238mg Sodium, 0.6g salt
Good Source: Calcium
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: