Michelle's Freefrom Hummus
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, soya & wheat free; can be sesame free
Hummus is the easiest and tastiest of starters/snacks and tastes equally good with gluten-free toast, crackers or raw vegetable sticks.
- 2 x 400g (14oz) cans chickpeas
- 4–5 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- approx 150ml (5fl oz) virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini (optional)
- 2–3 lemons
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Put the chickpeas in a food processor with 3 of the garlic cloves, 100ml (3fl oz) of the oil, the tahini and the juice of 1½ lemons.
- Whizz until quite smooth.
- Continue to add garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt and black pepper until you are happy with the flavour and the texture.
- Serve with raw vegetables or gluten-free toast.
Serves 6 – per portion
318cals – 9g protein
24.5g total fat – 3.5g sat / 15g mono / 4g poly
17g carbohydrate of which 0.5g sugar
5g fibre – 236mg sodium / 0.6g salt
Good Source of: Magnesium
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: