Fresh Freefrom Pepper Salad
Corn, egg, gluten, milk, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free; can be lactose & soya free
Easy to make... and pretty.
- 1 each large red, green and yellow sweet pepper
- 2 large sticks of celery, finely chopped
- 50g / 2oz broken walnuts (optional)
- small bunch of watercress, coriander (cilantro) or flat-leaved parsley, the main stems broken off
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp plain goat’s, sheep’s or soya yogurt (optional)
- Seed and core the peppers and slice them in rings.
- Arrange them in a pattern around the edge of a serving dish.
- Mix together the celery, walnuts and watercress and pile them in the middle of the dish.
- Mix the salt, pepper, olive oil, lemon juice and yogurt, if you are using it, and dribble over the salad.
Serves 6 - per portion
160cals - 2g protein
14g total fat - 2g sat / 6g mono / 5g poly
5g carbohydrate of which 5g sugar
1.5g fibre - 10mg sodium / 0.02g salt
Good Source of: Vitamins A & C
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: