Michelle's Freefrom Carrrot and Yellow Split Pea Soup
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
Warming soup - in colour and flavour - for a chilly day.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced thinly
- 400g / 14oz carrots (3 largish), grated
- 4 bay leaves
- 150g / 6oz yellow split peas
- 1750ml / 2 pts gluten and wheat-free vegetable stock
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the onions, carrots and bay leaves.
- Cook for a couple of minutes then cover and sweat gently for 25–30 minutes.
- Add the split peas and the stock, bring to boil, cover and simmer for 30—40 minutes or until the peas are quite soft.
- Season to taste and serve.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: