Freefrom Cream of Artichoke and Celeriac Soup
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame & wheat free; can be soya free
Very simple, very delicate. It is better to cook and puree the vegetables a little in advance so that the flavours have time to ‘settle’ and mature.
- 450g / 1lb Jerusalem artichokes, peeled and sliced thickly
- 500g / 1lb 3½ oz celeriac, peeled and diced
- 1.5 litre / 50fl oz gluten and wheat-free vegetable stock
- 225ml / 8fl oz Oatly oat cream or soya cream
- sea salt and finely ground black pepper
- 75g / 2½ oz pine nuts (you can toast these if you prefer but I rather liked the cream flavour of the untoasted nuts – and the totally white look of the soup)
- Put the artichokes and celeriac in a pan with the stock and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Purée in a food processor then return to the pan.
- Add the oat or soya cream and season to taste.
- Serve sprinkled with pine nuts.
Serves 6 – per portion
Calories 203 Kcals
14g Fat (1.7g Sat fat, 2.5g mono, 5g poly)
15g Carbohydrate of which 6g Sugar
5g Fibre, 218g Sodium, 0.5g salt
Good Source: Vitamin B1
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: