Freefrom Asparagus Soup with Wild Garlic
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
Another very simple soup that allows the flavour of the asparagus and the garlic to shine through. You can serve the soup warm or at room temperature.
- 500g / 1lb 2 oz fresh asparagus, English if possible
- 1.5 litres / 50fl oz gluten/wheat free vegetable or chicken stock
- 200ml / 7fl oz dry white wine
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- large handful of wild garlic leaves with flowers if possible or, if you cannot find wild garlic, fresh chives with flowers
- Cut the asparagus into shortish pieces and put in a large pan with the stock and white wine.
- Bring slowly to the the boil and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Purée in a food processor and season to taste.
- When ready to serve, reheat the soup gently.
- Remove the stems and chop garlic leaves quite small.
- Stir into the soup before serving and scatter the flowers over the tureen or each bowl.
Serves 6 - per portion
93cals - 12g protein
3g total fat - 0.5g sat / 0.1g mono / 0.5g poly
3.5g carbohydrate of which 2.5g sugar
1.5g fibre - 502mg sodium / 1.3g salt
Good Source of: Folate
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: