Freefrom Beetroot and Parsnip Soup
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
The coconut milk gives this soup a lovely silky consistency – and of course the beetroot gives it a wonderful colour.
- 3 medium beetroots, scrubbed, topped and tailed and cut into large dice
- 3 medium parsnips, scrubbed, topped and tailed cut into large dice
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 400ml / 12 floz coconut milk
- 400ml / 12 floz water
- seas alt and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh coriander to decorate – optional
- Put the vegetables in a pan with the coconut milk and water, bring ot the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until both vegetables are cooked.
- Purée in a food processor.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper – it will need very little – and serve either along or with a little chopped fresh coriander.
Serves 4 - per portion
18g Fat ( 15g Sat fat,0.4g mono, 0.2g poly)
18g Carbohydrate of which 12g Sugar
6g Fibre, 33mg Sodium, 0.09g salt
Good Source: B6, Folate
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: