Michelle's Freefrom Broccoli and Sweet Potato Soup
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
This month I found myself with a fridge full of broccoli.
If your broccoli is getting a little elderly and yellow, this is a great way to use it up.
- 1 large or 2 medium onions
- 1 medium head of broccoli with the stalk
- 1 large (450g / 1lb) sweet potato
- 1.3 litres / 44fl oz wheat and gluten-free vegetable stock
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 slices Parma ham, chopped
- 75g / 2½ oz Roquefort or Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 3 tsp sesame seeds or shelled hemp seeds
- 6 young spring onions (scallions), finely chopped
- Peel and slice the onions roughly, slice the stalk of the broccoli and break up the florets and peel and dice the sweet potato.
- Put all in a large pan with the stock, bring to the boil and simmer, covered for 20–30 minutes or until all the vegetables are soft.
- Purée in a food processor and then return to the pan and season to taste.
- The soup is very good as it is but if you wish to ‘fancy it up’ a bit, add any of the garnishes above before serving.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: