Michelle's Freefrom Carrot, Leek and Ginger Soup with Coconut Milk
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
The coconut milk gives this soup a deliciously smoothy and silky texture – the ginger gives it an edge.
- 500g / 18 oz fresh carrots, topped and tailed cut in thick rounds
- 2 medium to large leeks, trimmed and cut in thick slices
- a 40–50g / 2 oz piece of fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 400ml / 14fl oz tin of coconut milk
- 1 litre / 1¾ pints gluten and wheat free vegetable stock
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the carrots, leeks, ginger, coconut milk and stock into a largish pan, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes or until the carrot is soft.
- Purée in a food processor then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve decorated with a few thin slivers of leek.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: