Freefrom Chilled Cucumber and Radish Soup
Corn, egg, gluten, nut, peanut, sesame & wheat free; can be lactose, milk, nightshade & soya free
You can have this soup quite plain or you can, like for a gaspacho, add lots of ‘bits’ to it. We had it with spring onions (scallions) and
fennel but, if you wanted to make it more substantial, you could add some chopped ham.
- 1½ large cucumbers
- 2 tbsp sea salad or other dried Japanese seaweed
- 20 large radishes
- 200ml / 7fl oz cow, goat, sheep, soya or oat milk
- 400ml / 14fl oz water
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- tabasco (hot chilli sauce) - optional
- 6-8 spring onions (scallions) - optional
- ½ head fennel - optional
- 2 thick slices good ham - optional
- Put the cucumbers, roughly chopped with the seaweed and 12 of the radishes in a food processor with the milk and process. You may need to do this in several batches depending on the size of your processor.
- Process for 3-4 minutes to get it as smooth as possible.
- Gradually add the water and season to taste.
- If it is too thick add more water.
- If you are using it, add tabasco to taste.
- Taking care of your fingers, coarsely grate the remaining radishes and add to the mixture.
- Chill thoroughly.
- To serve, chop the spring onions (scallions), fennel or ham, if you are using them, and add to the soup.
Serves 6 - per portion
50cals - 5g protein
2g total fat - 1g sat / 0.5g mono / 0.2g poly
4g carbohydrate of which 3.5g sugar
2.5g fibre - 142mg sodium / 0.3g salt
Good Source of: Vitamin B12, iodine
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: