Freefrom Leek and Fennel Soup
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame & wheat free; can be soya free
A very simple, fresh tasting soup.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large leeks, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 heads fennel, trimmed and very finely sliced
- 1.5 litres / 50fl oz of rice or soya-based miso
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach leaves
- a few extra slices of fennel to decorate
- Heat the oil in heavy pan and add the leeks and fennel.
- Cook very gently for 10 minutes, then cover and sweat for a further 30–40 minutes.
- Add the miso, bring to the boil, cover and reduce to a
simmer for a further 30–40 minutes.
- Season to taste before serving (the miso can be quite salty).
- If you are using them, add the spinach leaves at the same time as the seasoning and allow them to wilt in the heat of the soup.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: