Freefrom Mushroom and Bacon Soup
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame & wheat free; can be soya free
This soup is really delicious if given long enough to cook and mature.
- 6 rashers (slices) streaky bacon, chopped very small
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 350g / 12 oz chestnut mushrooms, chopped small
- 2.25 litres / 7fl oz strong miso or good gluten & wheat-free stock
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Put the bacon and oil into a heavy pan and fry gently for
5-10 minutes, then add the mushrooms and continue to fry gently, stirring continually for a further 10 minutes or until the mushrooms are quite broken down and have released their juice.
- Add the miso or stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 30-40 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste before serving.
- The soup is better if made a day before you need it and given 24 hours for the flavour to mature.
Serves 6 - per portion
200cals - 10g protein
15g total fat - 4g sat / 8g mono / 2g poly
5g carbohydrate of which 4g sugar
4g fibre - 758mg sodium / 1.9g salt
Good Source of: Vitamin B6 & copper
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: