Michelle's Freefrom Very Red Soup
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
This is a brilliantly coloured soup - as you can see - and tastes just as good as it looks. Although it is quite sweet it is also very refreshing.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large red (sweet) peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 4 small beetroots (beets), scrubbed, topped, tailed and diced
- 500g / 1lb 2oz sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 200g / 7 oz fresh plum tomatoes
- 1.2 litres / 40fl oz gluten & wheat-free vegetable stock
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan and add the pepper.
- Cover and sweat for 15-20 minutes then add the beets, sweet potatoes and tomatoes.
- Cover and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the root vegetables are quite soft.
- Remove from the heat and purée in a food processor.
- Return to the pan and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve hot or chilled.
Serves 6 - per portion
151cals - 3g protein
4.5g total fat - 0.7g sat / 3g mono / 0.5g poly
26g carbohydrate of which 12g sugar
5g fibre - 160mg sodium / 0.4g salt
Good Source of: Vitamins B6 & C & folate
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: