Michelle's Freefrom Tofu with Tomato and Celery
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame & wheat free
You could substitute 2 tbsp Freefrom pesto for 2 tbsp of the oil when cooking the celery.
- 6–8 tbsp olive oil
- 4 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 4–6 large cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 2 courgettes (zucchini), wiped and coarsely grated
- the leaves from 5 or 6 large sprigs of fresh thyme or 1 heaped tsp of dried
- 300g / 11oz plain or marinated tofu, cubed
- 6 large beef tomatoes, peeled and sliced horizontally
- 6 handfuls of watercress or young spinach leaves
- sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and juice of 2 lemons
- Heat 3 tbsp of the oil in a wide pan and add the celery, garlic, courgettes and thyme.
- Cook for 5–10 minutes or until the celery is softening.
- Add the tofu and continue to cook for a few minutes to warm through the tofu.
- Lay the leaves out on a dish or individual plates and lay the sliced tomato over the top.
- Spoon the tofu mixture over the tomato then grate over some sea salt and black pepper and drizzle with lemon juice and the remaining oil.
- Serve at once.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: