Sweet Potato Chips
Egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
These are so simple to make and really delicious.
- 1 sweet potato per person
- 1 or 2 tbsp corn flour or plain gluten free flour
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- paprika or cumin or rosemary or... (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 220°c.
- Peel the potatoes then slice lengthways into around 1cm thick disks.
- Slice the disks into chips as thin or thick as you like (I like 'em chunky).
- Try to keep the chip size as even as you can so they cook at a similar rate.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl and coat in the flour.
- Drizzle over some olive oil and coat evenly.
- Add the salt and pepper and any other seasoning of your choice.
- Mix thoroughly and spread out on a baking tray.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes (depending on chip size) until browned and then carefully turn the chips over.
- Cook for another 15-20 minutes until nicely brown.
- Serve immediately.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: