Freefrom Asparagus and Palm Heart Salad
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
As new season asparagus appears in the shops this is the moment to indulge...
- 200g / 7oz French (green) beans, trimmed
- 150g / 5oz trimmed asparagus
- 1 tbsp arame (dried seaweed)
- 400g tin / 14oz can palm hearts, drained and halved
- 4 tbsp pumpkin oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- tamari to taste
- Spread the trimmed French (green) beans over the base of a steamer.
- Cut the asparagus spears in half and place over the beans.
- Steam until both are just cooked but the beans still have some texture.
- Remove carefully to a dish.
- Soak the arame for a couple of minutes in some of the steaming water then drain.
- Add the arame and palm hearts to the beans and asparagus and mix very gently.
- Add the pumpkin oil, rice vinegar and a couple of shakes of tamari and toss gently.
- Serve at room temperature.
We have over 800 delicious freefrom recipes on this site all of which are gluten free, most of which are dairy and lactose free and many of which are free of most other allergens. Please go to the following sections to try them out: